IF THE FOLLOWING conditions are met, we will forward your
deposit within 30 days:
- The duration of the lease contract has been fulfilled.
- The full rent amount owed has been paid. (Your security deposit is NOT to
be used as the last month's rent.)
- The property will be vacated by the agreed date. Please understand that if you
are not completely vacated by then, you can be charged for a complete month's rent.
- All keys returned to our office and make sure we have a forwarding address.
- The utilities, telephone, cable and water/sewer bills have been paid through
the last day of your lease, if applicable. This may entail a "final reading" which
must be arranged with that particular company.
- Property is well cleaned for a new resident. The following cleaning list is
used to make the property ready for the new resident. The less cleaning people
have to to do, the more refund you will receive.
- Deductions will be made for any damage beyond normal wear and tear.
Deductions are made from the security deposit only for just cause. Such charges
include, but are not limited to, any replacement of damaged or missing fixtures,
appliance parts or other items furnished to the tenants. Labor charges include
installation, cleaning, patching, sanding, etc. including the cost of cleansers.
If you do not clean or repair the damaged or soiled items prior to moving out,
charges will be deducted from your security deposit.
- Stove: Clean oven, broiler pan, outside, under and behind.
Replace drip pans with new. Some stoves have top that lifts up to clean under
- Vent Hood: Clean greasy residue from inside/outside of hood;
aluminum filter may be washed in sink.
- Dishwasher: Clean front and inside.
- Refrigerator: Clean inside, outside, under and behind. Defrost
and remove any water left below crisper drawers. DO NOT USE SHARP
- Bathrooms: Clean sink, tub, counters, cabinets, toilet and floor.
- Carpet/Vinyl Floors: Vacuum, mop vinyl or tile floors, and
professionally clean all carpets (Chem-Dri).
- Woodwork and Doors: Wash off fingerprints and spots.
- Cabinets/Closets: Remove all shelf paper, decals, coat
hangers, trash and damp wipe.
- Windows: Clean inside panes, sills and frames with Windex.
- Window Coverings: Dust and wipe mini-blinds and clean drapes.
- Walls: Remove nails, but DO NOT fill holes. Small nail holes
will not be charged against you, but large ones will, even if you try to fill and
- Fireplace: Clean inside and outside. Remove all ashes.
- Fixtures/Ceiling Fans: Clean covers and blades. Replace all
missing or burnt out bulbs.
- Porches/Patios/Yards: Sweep and clean. Mow and rake leaves
if applicable. Remove all trash.