|Take the War on Iraq IQ Test
Do you know enough to justify going to war with Iraq?
1. Q: What percentage of the world's population does the U.S. have? A: 6%
2. Q: What percentage of the world's wealth does the U.S. have? A: 50%
3. Q: Which country has the largest oil reserves? A: Saudi Arabia
4. Q: Which country has the second largest oil reserves? A: Iraq
5. Q: How much is spent on military budgets a year worldwide? A: $900+ billion
6. Q: How much of this is spent by the U.S.? A:50%
7. Q: What percent of US military spending would ensure the
essentials of life to everyone in the world, according the the UN? A:
10% (that's about$40 billion, the amount of funding initially
requested to fund our retaliatory attack on Afghanistan).
8. Q: How many people have died in wars since World War II? A: 86 million
9. Q: How long has Iraq had chemical and biological weapons? A: Since
the early 1980's.
10. Q: Did Iraq develop these chemical & biological weapons on their
own? A: No, the materials and technology were supplied by the US
government, along with Britain and private corporations.
11. Q: Did the US government condemn the Iraqi use of gas warfare
against Iran? A: No
12. Q: How many people did Saddam Hussein kill using gas in the
Kurdish town of Halabja in 1988?
13. Q: How many western countries condemned this action at the time? A:0
14. Q: How many gallons of agent Orange did America use in Vietnam?
A: 17 million.
15. Q: Are there any proven links between Iraq and September 11th
terrorist attack? A: No
16. Q: What is the estimated number of civilian casualties in the
Gulf War? A: 35,000
17. Q: How many casualties did the Iraqi military inflict on the
western forces during the Gulf War? A: 0
18. Q: How many retreating Iraqi soldiers were buried alive by U.S.
tanks with ploughs mounted on the front? A: 6,000
19. Q: How many tons of depleted uranium were left in Iraq and Kuwait
after the Gulf War? A: 40 tons
20. Q: What according to the UN was the increase in cancer rates in
Iraq between 1991 and 1994? A: 700%
21. Q: How much of Iraq's military capacity did America claim it had
destroyed in 1991? A: 80%
22. Q: Is there any proof that Iraq plans to use its weapons for
anything other than deterrence and self defense? A: No
23. Q: Does Iraq present more of a threat to world peace now than 10
years ago? A: No
24. Q: How many civilian deaths has the Pentagon predicted in the
event of an attack on Iraq in 2002/3?
25. Q: What percentage of these will be children? A:Over 50%
26. Q: How many years has the U.S. engaged in air strikes on Iraq? A: 11 years
27. Q: Was the U.S and the UK at war with Iraq between December 1998
and September 1999?A: No
28. Q: How many pounds of explosives were dropped on Iraq between
December 1998 and September 1999?
A: 20 million
29. Q: How many years ago was UN Resolution 661 introduced, imposing
strict sanctions on Iraq's imports and exports? A: 12 years
30. Q: What was the child death rate in Iraq in 1989 (per 1,000 births)? A: 38
31. Q: What was the estimated child death rate in Iraq in 1999 (per
A: 131 (that's an increase of345%)
32. Q: How many Iraqis are estimated to have died by October 1999 as
a result of UN sanctions?
A: 1.5 million
33. Q: How many Iraqi children are estimated to have died due to
sanctions since 1997? A: 750,000
34. Q: Did Saddam order the inspectors out of Iraq? A:No
35. Q: How many inspections were there in November and December 1998? A:300
36. Q: How many of these inspections had problems? A:5
37. Q: Were the weapons inspectors allowed entry to the Ba'ath Party HQ? A: Yes
38. Q: Who said that by December 1998, "Iraq had in fact, been
disarmed to a level unprecedented in modern history." A: Scott
Ritter, UNSCOM chief.
39. Q: In 1998 how much of Iraq's post 1991 capacity to develop
weapons of mass destruction did the UN weapons inspectors claim to
have discovered and dismantled? A: 90%
40. Q: Is Iraq willing to allow the weapons inspectors back in? A: Yes
41. Q: How many UN resolutions did Israel violate by 1992? A: Over 65
42. Q: How many UN resolutions on Israel did America veto between
1972 and 1990? A: 30+
44. Q: How many countries are known to have nuclear weapons? A: 8
45. Q:How many nuclear warheads has Iraq got? A: 0
46. Q: How many nuclear warheads has US got? A: over 10,000
47. Q: Which is the only country to use nuclear weapons? A: the US
48. Q: How many nuclear warheads does Israel have? A: Over 400
50. Q: Who said, "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent
about things that matter"?
A: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr